-This was an amazing event. More people than I've ever seen before, and they were all so friendly and positive!
"I just wanted to express my gratitude and appreciation toward each person who had a hand in such an amazing Christmas for my granddaughter. I would never have been able to give her anything this awesome without you all. I've been off work for almost 2 months from COVID and all complications. The joy she had this morning was so priceless. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for everything. Please express my love and heartfelt joy to all who helped please. Thank you so much for all you do. God bless each of you and please keep continuing to do all you do."
Thank you so much for the boy's coat! He absolutely loved it! He was so excited! He also liked the hat and gloves. It made his day!
Coats Drive Now Active
Coats are accepted year-round. Please call 574-583-6544 to set up a drop-off appointment. To drop off at the United Way Community Center at 402 Tioga Road: Door #3, please call ahead as we may not be at that location.
We always need coats, but tend to run out of large-sized coats for teens. Men's small coats for older boys are in high demand. We also have a high demand for heavy winter gloves for elementary students.
Se aceptan abrigos durante todo el año. Llame al 574-583-6544 para programar una cita de regreso. Para dejar en el Centro Comunitario de United Way en 402 Tioga Road: Puerta # 3, llame con anticipación ya que es posible que no estemos en ese lugar.
Siempre necesitamos abrigos, pero tendemos a quedarnos sin abrigos de gran tamaño para los adolescentes. Los abrigos pequeños de hombre para niños mayores tienen una gran demanda. Tambien necesitamos guantes por los jovenes pequenos.
Collection Dates: Oct. 1st-Oct. 27th
Drop off locations:
**Community Foundation of White County**
1001 Airport Road Monticello
**White County United Way**
402 Tioga Rd. Monticello
Customer Service Desk
**Faith Covenant Church**
1010 W Washington St.
**First Presbyterian Church, Monticello**
**Monticello United Methodist Church**
**Monticello Christian Church**
**Twin Lakes Schools**
**North White Schools**
More locations to be announced.
All of the donated items will be
distributed for Free.
Angel Tree Gift Drive
Angel Tree is a program of the White County Salvation Army, in partnership with the White County United Way in Monticello, Indiana. Families are eligible for food vouchers provided by the Salvation Army and donations of clothing and gifts from the White County community. To be eligible, families must meet income restrictions and live in White County or Jefferson or Adams Township in Carroll County. Individuals and families may receive food vouchers if they qualify, and children may receive gifts if they are between the ages of birth and age 15.
Coats distributed and angels registered November 4
Every year, our registration dates are a little different. However, you can expect the following schedule:
- Families who meet income and residency requirements may register for the program by appointment on November 4.
- Applications are processed and tags are available to the public November 20, 2023.
- Families receive pickup information the week of Thanksgiving, and community members may start "adopting" angels to sponsor.
- Sponsors select an Angel Tag from a community tree (usually displayed at the White County Courthouse, Monticello Library, and United Way Center).
- Sponsors purchase a clothing item and a toy for each child. Gifts in price should be no less than $25 per child. No gift cards please.
- Sponsors do not wrap gifts, but may choose to supply tape and wrapping paper or bags.
- Sponsors drop off gifts at the United Way Center (402 Tioga Road) December 13, between 1 PM and 4 PM.
- Families pick up gifts at the United Way Center the following week on December 17, at their pre-assigned time.